"What is Right and What is Wrong?"
Proverbs 2:1-5, 9
April 26, 2020
"Then you will discern righteousness and justice and equity and every good course." Prov. 2:9 NAS
Three Moral Questions that Determine the Life I Live:
1. What will be my authority for choosing right and wrong?
a. The ____________authority: "Everyone says..." Ex. 23:2; Rom. 12:2
b. The __________ authority: "I say..." Jer. 17:9; Prov. 14:12; Isa. 55:8
c. The _________authority: "God says..." Jude 1:25; 2 Tim. 3:16
2. What does the Bible say about right and wrong?
a. Genesis tell us:________we came to know right and wrong. Gen. 2:16-17
b. Proverbs tells us: the potential________of knowing right from wrong.
The positive potential...Prov. 13:6, 9
The negative potential...Prov. 28:18; Prov. 28:2
c. Romans tells us: our _____________to know right and wrong. Rom. 2:12; Rom. 14:23
d. Hebrews and James tell us: how we___________ right and wrong. Heb. 5:14; Heb. 5:13; James 4:11
3. How will I respond to right and wrong?
As followers of Christ we each are to be...
a. A __________to society. Zech. 1:3
b. A__________to sinners. 2 Cor. 5:20
c A___________to saints. Gal. 6:1
d. A___________ in need of God's strength. Phil. 1:10
1. Where do I need to make a stand for the truth?
2. To whom can I show the forgiving and restoring power of Christ?
3. What believer needs my help in their struggle with sin.
4. Where do I need God to purify me right now?