Let's Dispel a Few Modern Misunderstandings and False Doctrines
• Jesus does not advocate poverty as a means to spirituality. Acts 2:44-45
Acts is a book of the bible, categorized as a "___" book.
• The Bible recognizes the right to material possessions that are acquired honestly.
…Descriptive vs. Prescriptive
• God expects us to enjoy the blessing that He give, including the material blessings. 1 Tim 6:17
• Material possessions are not, in and of themselves, evil … unless they become idols in your life.
Proverbs 6:6-8 > Go to the ant, you slacker!
Proverbs 14: 23 (a verse for the modern politician)
• The Bible gives considerable counsel for __ and following good ___ .
• It is not the government's job to __ of us.
Your Finances - According to Jesus
1) We have some problems with our man-made investment plan (v19)
• It tends to focus upon us… upon "self"
• It most often has material possession as the primary goal.
• These material possessions are not permanent … they will all decay.
• Your possessions may also be taken away from you.
2) Jesus commands us to invest in heaven! (v20)
• You are investing in eternal things.
• You are investing in people.
• Those treasures will last forever.
• God's ___ on this investment, the __ of the ___, can never be ____ !
3) The location of your investments reveals the condition of your heart. (v21)
Getting into God's "Market"
- Give in faith, and trust God to provide for all of your needs.
- Remember that you can never "out-give" God.
- Don't expect God to get involved in your finance until you become a faithful investor in His work.