The Lord's Supper (1 Corinthians 11:17-34)
5 Big Questions About the Lord's Supper...
Is The Supper For?
Do We Eat and Drink?
The Bread Represents the ________ Of Christ
The Drink Represents the __________ Of Christ
Why Don't We Believe The Bread and Drink Changes Substance (Transubstantiation)?
- Contradicts the Biblical View of Salvation
- Contradicts the Words of Paul and Jesus
- Contradicts Jesus' Use of Figurative Language
Should We Take The Supper?
Answer: ________! (11:26, Acts 2:42, 20:7)
Should We Take the Supper?
The Lord's Supper is Meant to Be Taken Together as a _____________. (11:17, 18, 20, 33, 34)
Do We Take The Supper?
- The Lord's Supper _________ the Body of Christ (11:17-22)
- The Lord's Supper ______________ the Message of Christ (11:26)
- The Lord's Supper ______________ the Work of Christ (11:25)
- The Lord's Supper ___________ Believers to Christ. (10:16-17)
Though the Supper we fellowship (koinonia κοινωνία) with Jesus.
Memory Verse: For as often as you eat this bread and drink the cup, you proclaim the Lord’s death until he comes.
1 Corinthians 11:26 ESV